Planning Your Migration
Whether you are planning an overnight migration to VoIP or a gradual phased transition, the first stage is to have a detailed understanding of your current telecommunications network. This could include some of the following:
- How many extensions are actively used?
- What is the peak/off-peak trunk capacity utilisation? Will the VoIP be capable handling your call volumes?
- What are your top 20 call destinations? Can you plan for more cost effective routes?
- What tariff rates should you be looking for from your new SIP provider?
The process of gathering information for a call management system will help you rationalise your knowledge about your existing situation and the reporting you gain will give you the intelligence to accurately plan the infrastructure requirements for a new VoIP network. Our Eclipse CMS has been developed from more than 30 years of telecoms experience. You can deploy it either as your own on-premises system, or hand it over to us to run in the cloud and benefit from the reporting.
Assessing The Result
Once you have your VoIP network operational, the call management system provides a vital function checking:
- To see if the legacy and VoIP are integrated correctly with each other (if you are running a phased implementation).
- That the Erlang scores for the VoIP network are comparable to or better than the legacy system.
- If there are any traffic pattern anomalies that would indicate a misconfiguration?
- If your VoIP Gateways are reporting an acceptable Mean Opinion Score (MOS)?
- At what hour your Mean Opinion Score was at its best or worst?
Our Eclipse CMS call management system will happily support a wide range of legacy TDM and newer VoIP PBXs and is quite at home supporting both environments in a single installation.
Before you embark on your project, speak to us and we will help ensure that you run a successful transition to IP.
QoS Report Support
The availability of QoS reporting is heavily dependant on the information that we are provided with by the PBX. The following table shows which of the different QoS reports are available for the different systems.
|Manufacturer||Model / Version||Gateway Report||Hourly & Daily VoIP Report||VoIP Call Detail||VoIP Detailed||VoIP Summary||VoIP Traffic & Calls|